[simple-weather latitude="17.4952" longitude="-88.2018" days="2" units="metric"]
Learn More...
Find Out How
Previous
Next

7145 Slaughterhouse Road

Belize City, Belize Central America

(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528

Give Us a Call for More Info or Questions

Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Our Main Office Opening Hours

Click on Play to start Streaming Love FM | News & Music Power Live

Live Update COVID-19

📣 Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. – Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize.                      📣 Today, April 5, 2020 at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing protocol of the Ministry of Health identified a fifth case of COVID-19. The patient is a Belizean student who returned from Florida.                      📣 The patient arrived in Belize on Friday, April 3rd, and is in self-isolation at a quarantine facility. He is without symptoms and stable.                      📣 In reference to patient #4, the mapping exercise of the Ministry of Health has allowed for the identification of close contacts of that patient in both San Ignacio and Belize City where swabs were taken on April 3rd and 4th.                      📣 A total of 102 samples were processed on April 4th and into the early hours of today. The samples processed included close contacts from both Belize City and San Ignacio and that of health care workers in the Cayo District who had been in contact with patient #4.                      📣 The remaining 101 samples were all negative for COVID-19, and therefore, the Ministry is still unable to determine who the infected contact was for patient #4.
covid-19-left
  • Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize
    Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize

    Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize. Now more than ever it is important for people to stay home, practice social distancing. Be safe. Below is the Press Release by the Goverment of Belize Press Office in Full:   Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. Today, at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing […]

    Read More »
covid-19-right
Find Out How
Flash News & Headlines

MOE Allegedly Committed to working with Union

A few minutes later, Minister of Education Patrick Faber spoke to the media. He seemed to have put some of the blame on the media for the bruised relationship with the BNTU. Blame aside, Faber says the ministry and the union have both committed to solving the issues.

Minister of Education Patrick Faber: “The meetings today were just to decide on how we would move forward so we have not gotten into the details any just yet. We have agreed that we will have a meeting with the BNTU to discuss the categorization activity for hardship allowances and we will also be discussing the issues that are outstanding for proposal 22 which was never really an issue. The two issues that are outstanding as you may know are the issue having to do with the four propertoship schools whether they want to remain as community schools or whether they want to come under the government’s ownership so we discussed a way forward. We formed a little committee to deal with that issue and then the other issue is having to deal with the 30% coming from denominational and community schools aswell that are not forthcoming for some of the past employees who are relying on their benefits of pension and gratuity so in effect what has happened a very long time ago is that we agreed that we would support the teachers in their quest to try to get those Managements to pay their commitment which is their agreement, their original agreement so we will give the Union and the teachers support in doing that, so that was always what it was. I think there was some misunderstanding in terms when I said it is not a live issue is because we had already agreed to these issues and so we just confirm that, that is the position today and then on the matter of commuting allowances,  well we discuss those and where it is that the teachers had in some kind of application and it could be proven weather in some cases it did not reach the Ministry. It probably got to the management and the management did not submit those that we have agreed to honor those so again we had a very cordial meeting, we were able to address all of these issues. In fact I believe that it was always that we could always have sit down and discuss these issues. I think where we went wrong is that and I will blame the media here, you come and you ask sometimes, you said this one say that and that one say that and it stirs up the mud and really we are not at a position where can’t sit down at the table and talk so we absolutely had that discussion today and I reiterated to the Union my own commitment but also the commitment of my Senior management team to resolve these issues whenever they come up without having to jostle on the media.”

Minister Faber said these discussions about hardship allowances and the categorization of hardship allowances have nothing to do with the wider negotiations on collective bargaining negotiations that are ongoing.

 

To Top