Home Fire Tragic fire in Camalote leaves child with severe burns

Tragic fire in Camalote leaves child with severe burns

2 min read
0
0
221

A tragic fire occurred in the Camalote Village in the Cayo District last night. When they woke up in the morning they had a home but at seven p.m. an entire family became homeless. To make matters worse, a four year old girl is suffering from second degree burns she received while escaping the inferno. ACP Joseph Myvett explains how the tragedy happened.

ACP Joseph Myvette: Police responded to information of a house fire in Camalote village where upon arrival they observed a wooden structure completely engulfed in flames. Our Investigation conducted led to interviewing the owner, one Anija Nah, 24 years, who reported that she had just left here house to go over to her neighbor when she was alerted by her six year old daughter that the house was on fire. As a result she rushed across and found that the house was indeed on fire. She was able to rescue her four year old daughter Unique Nah who received burns to her face hands and feet which were classified as second degree burns.

ACP Myvett says fire officials believe that the fire may have been a result of electrical failure. As for the child, she is currently in a stable condition at the Western Regional Hospital.

  • KHMH, 23 years later

    The Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital is Belize’s national referral hospital. For the past tw…
  • Expo Belize Market Place 2018

    Over the weekend, the Belize Chamber of Commerce held its annual signature trade show unde…
  • Maheia recounts encounter with GAF

    Over the weekend, the Belize Territorial Volunteers held its third annual Eco Challenge. T…
Load More Related Articles
Load More By Sitnah Blease
Load More In Fire
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Chief Elections Officer, Josephine Tamai speaks voter’s list cleanup

The last re-registration exercise was conducted in nineteen ninety seven.  In July of this…