Listen Live On Our Live Stream or Tune To Our Frequencies: 88.3 FM | 88.9 FM | 94.7 FM | 95.1 FM | 98.1 FM | 98.5 FM


21-year-old man latest murder victim

Last night saw the 8th murder for 2020.  The victim was a 21-year-old man who, according to his family, was not known to cause trouble.

Last night saw the 8th murder for 2020.  The victim was a 21-year-old man who, according to his family, was not known to cause trouble. Kajoan Tony Roches was hanging out just after 8 o’clock last night near a gate on Ebony Street when two men on a motorcycle stopped near him and one of them opened fire. The Mahogany Street resident was hit several times.  The family believes it was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Roches’ friend, who is also a resident of Ebony Street, told us that this is the first time he has experienced such a violent incident so close to home.

Friend: “I wasn’t really at home I was in Cayo last night when my mom called me and told me what happened but from I grew up around here it’s kind of rough. Up on this corner of Ebony and Magazine he is the first man to die so close in this vicinity, shootings usually happen to the back more or on the different streets around here but not around here because around here is a calm and peaceful place. My mom called me fretting I was wondering if something happened to her because I was trying to talk to her on the phone but she couldn’t talk so I told her to calm down and talk to me. It hit close to home because it’s the first time somebody got murdered around here right across the street from this mechanic shop, that has never happened like that, never, we always keep the peace in our neighborhood. I knew Tony from he was going to the primary school, Tony was a little pretty boy that’s what I always called him. Always cleaned off whenever you meet him he was clean, always had his haircut, always cleaned off. Anywhere there was a party Tony would be there and always partying, never into trouble, he always liked holding his own corner or take his little drink. Every day he passed here and hailed me, he was always smiling so you never knew if he was worried or if he was sad, he never had a sad face. Anytime we met Tony he never had a sad face always a smile. He usually stopped there and called his friend because all of them, the young man where he got shot all of them went to primary school to high school together so usually he would stop there and hail his friend or he would stop here and talk to me. He would usually stop here and talk to me before he went home.”

Roches’ family declined an interview, but his grandmother told us off camera that she will remember her grandson as a kind and loving person.