CLICK PLAY FOR LIVE STREAMING || REFRESH YOUR BROWSER IF STREAM IS NOT LOADING

 
Listen Live On Our Live Stream or Tune To Our Frequencies: 88.3 FM | 88.9 FM | 94.7 FM | 95.1 FM | 98.1 FM | 98.5 FM

Accused baby killer Behind bars

Accused baby killer, 31-year-old Troy Banner is behind bars tonight at the Belize Central Prison in Hattieville. He was slapped with three charges this morning when he appeared at the Belmopan Magistrate Court. He was charged with Grievous Harm, Cruelty to a child, and wounding. No plea was taken and he was remanded until his next court appearance on September 13. Banner was unrepresented. The Camalote Village resident stands accused of beating his two-week-old baby on Saturday. The baby was rushed to the Western Regional Hospital and then later to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital in Belize City. He suffered a broken arm, abrasions to the mouth and bruises to the back. Banner claims that the baby fell off the bed. However, this is the third time that he is accused of abusing one of his defenceless babies and the third time he claims that the baby fell off the bed. In 2012, his then 5-month baby boy suffered bodily injuries and banner was blamed for it. In 2019, Banner was charged for the death of his then 2-month-old baby boy. He was released on a ten thousand dollar bail. That was three years ago and that particular case has yet to go to trial. We did some digging today and we found that in November 2020, a preliminary inquiry was held. But since then the case has remained still. Sources tell Love News that deposition papers are at the Magistrate Court in Belmopan. We are told that after the preliminary inquiry was held, the deposition documents were to be sent to the Registrar of the Supreme Court and copied to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution. That did not happen and so, the case is unable to proceed to trial. We are told that this is highly unusual. We’ll keep following this story.