Love News confirmed today that the Ministry of National Defence and Border Security gave an order last week to remove BDF soldiers from the Sarstoon Base. Before we tell you why we must make clear that the Sarstoon Base has not been abandoned. What we have learned is that because of the dilapidated infrastructural conditions of the base, it was decided that it was unsafe for soldiers to remain there. Sources within the BDF told our newsroom that the troops moved from the Sarstoon base to the Coast Guard base in Barranco Village on Friday. Soldiers are now travelling to the Sarstoon base daily- they remain on the pier for the duration of their shift. We understand that officials from the Ministry of Infrastructure will be visiting the base shortly to assess the broken-down base and provide an estimate to rehabilitate this crucial national security infrastructure. We are told that the Government will issue a press statement on the matter. The BDF Forward Operating Base was inaugurated in April 2016 at the mouth of the Sarstoon River in the Toledo District. We’ll have more on this in tomorrow’s newscast.