[simple-weather latitude="17.4952" longitude="-88.2018" days="2" units="metric"]
Learn More...
Find Out How
Previous
Next

7145 Slaughterhouse Road

Belize City, Belize Central America

(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528

Give Us a Call for More Info or Questions

Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Our Main Office Opening Hours

Click on Play to start Streaming Love FM | News & Music Power Live

Live Update COVID-19

📣 Two More Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed.                      📣 PRESS RELEASE Belmopan. April 6, 2020. 10:30 a.m. – The Ministry of Health has continued to scale up testing for COVID-19 and a further 26 samples were tested on Sunday, April 5th. That scaled up testing has identified two further cases, both males residing in San Ignacio.                      📣 ***PATIENT 4 PASSES*** – Love News has confirmed with a family member that Patient 4 lost his fight against COVID-19. Reports indicate he passed away earlier today after underlying complications.                      📣 Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. – Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize.                      📣 Today, April 5, 2020 at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing protocol of the Ministry of Health identified a fifth case of COVID-19. The patient is a Belizean student who returned from Florida.                      📣 The patient arrived in Belize on Friday, April 3rd, and is in self-isolation at a quarantine facility. He is without symptoms and stable.                      📣 A total of 102 samples were processed on April 4th and into the early hours of today. The samples processed included close contacts from both Belize City and San Ignacio and that of health care workers in the Cayo District who had been in contact with patient #4.                      📣 The remaining 101 samples were all negative for COVID-19, and therefore, the Ministry is still unable to determine who the infected contact was for patient #4.
covid-19-left
covid-19-right
Find Out How
Flash News & Headlines

Belize/Chinese Association denies involvement in Kareem Musa’s trip to China

Lots of questions were raised when Caribbean Shores Area Representative, Kareem Musa, took an unannounced trip to Mainland China. As we reported yesterday, Musa claimed that the trip was that of a personal nature, and that he was invited by the Belize-Chinese Association. Today, however, the Association issued a press release to clarify Musa’s comments, saying that they had no involvement in Musa’s trip to Mainland China. In fact, the invitation actually came directly from China’s Zhi Gong Party, and they specifically requested Kareem Musa, who was accompanied by his delegation consisting of Michael “Chips” Noralez and Deputy Mayor, Oscar Arnold. According to the Association’s president, Johnston Ou, he was coincidentally scheduled to be in China on business, and as such, accompanied the delegation as a translator only. Ou says that apart from the Board Member who accompanied him, all the other board members from the Association were unaware of Musa’s trip, since it was not an official Association Event. The release ends by saying that the Belize-Chinese Association does not get involved in local nor international politics. We tried to contact Ou for a comment but were told by the secretary of the association that he is currently still in China.

 

To Top