Deputy Commander of NICB says Investigators Recovered Surveillance Footage

Deputy Commander of NICB says Investigators Recovered Surveillance Footage

Since Saturday night’s fatal shooting, police officers have been canvassing four miles of road where Chee was pursued by the police. The efforts are a part of the police’s investigation, which is headed by Superintendent Gerald Jones, the Deputy Commander of the Criminal Investigation Branch. Jones has been tasked with conducting a transparent and fair investigation to determine whether the officers involved were truthful in their statements. So far, Superintendent Jones says the police have recovered surveillance footage as well as expended shells belonging to two different caliber weapons. 

Supt. Gerald Jones, Deputy Head, NCIB: “We canvassed the entire scene of the incident as to where it was it started to the end and we have found ten 223 expended shells. Eight of them were found within the vicinity of Liberty and Palmar area and two were found within the Supermarket area. Alongside on the route two 9mm expended shells were also found. Police then requested the assistance of course with the scenes of crime, the processed the scene and packaged those expended shells. Four police officers were detained pending the outcome of this investigation. The rifles we have that were signed out by the police officers have since been seized, packaged and will be sent to the lab for testing. The body cam that the police officers were using at that time we found out that they had the body cam on their body but it was not turned on and so we need to conduct a further investigation to find out if there was any breach in terms of this situation. In respect to that also statements have been recorded from several witnesses who came forward to assist in this investigation. The investigation is still in primary stage. We are requesting and have been requesting the assistance of the Director of Public Prosecution who is guiding us every step of the way in terms of the recording of these statements and so like I mentioned the investigation continues and we’ll see where we go with the investigation.”

Related post

Decades After Brutal Murder, Sandra Ruiz’s Killer Sentenced to 30 Years

Decades After Brutal Murder, Sandra Ruiz’s Killer Sentenced to…

The details of the brutal killing of Sandra Ruiz in 2008 resurfaced in court today when her killer appeared for a…
Major Gang Bust: Drugs, Weapons Seized, Three Men Remanded

Major Gang Bust: Drugs, Weapons Seized, Three Men Remanded

Three Belize City gang members are at the Hattieville Ramada after being busted with several deadly weapons and kilos of illicit…
Exhibit Keeper in Cannabis Candy Scandal Faces New Charges

Exhibit Keeper in Cannabis Candy Scandal Faces New Charges

In April 2023, police exhibit keeper, thirty-eight-year-old Mario Bustillos made headlines after he improperly disposed of cannabis-infused candies that wound up…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *