An elderly woman witnessed her home being burnt to the ground this morning just after seven o’clock. Fire firefighters responded at the corner of South Street and East Canal in Belize City where they came across a wooden structure spanning about ten by ten feet and engulfed in flames. They were able to extinguish the flames and prevent it from spreading to nearby homes. Unfortunately, eighty-one-year-old Bernadette Lucas the occupant of the home lost everything in the blaze. Love News spoke to Lucas who says that the fire started while she was cooking on a makeshift stove outside her home.