Family devastated by last week’s fire speak out

Family devastated by last week’s fire speak out

  • Fire
  • April 2, 2024
  • No Comment
  • 1255

It’s been five days since a blaze destroyed the place Alicia Rancharan called home in Belize City, but the pain of watching all her family’s belongings go up in smoke is still fresh on her mind. The 28-year-old, her husband, and three children resided in the home on Pickstock Street for several months, but last Wednesday, smoke and flames forced them out. The fire, which was caused by her neighbor using a makeshift stove, gutted the two-story concrete building despite the efforts of firefighters. Rancharan spoke to Love News about the tragedy today and explained that it flung a wrench into her family’s Easter plans. 

Alicia Rancharan, Fire Victim: “Upon arriving there I saw everything engulfed in fire not being able to save anything so it was already out of control. It impacted me a lot. We had plans for the Easter me and my kids that very same day was pay day for me normally when I get paid I treat my kids if it’s not ice cream then we will do something just for the family that day. For the Easter we had plans of getting home, baskets, that very morning when that took place I knew that this would have set me back a lot to where we would have to start creeping all over again.”

Rancharan is glad no one was hurt in the fire but says she’s still reeling from its effects. The mother of three is now appealing for the public’s assistance and says that all donations are welcomed. 

 Alicia Rancharan, Fire Victim: “At this time I’m currently seeking assistance in regards to clothing, foot items, household items, financial wise. Mostly seeking clothing for my kids. My four year old son and the baby when it comes to clothing for myself. My daughter the oldest she is seven years old. She’s currently attending Ebenezer Methodist School and my three year old soon to be four she is gonna be enrolling so I’m seeking assistance when it comes to uniform. I know the Easter break is over so school will be opening back April 8. So I open to uniform, school utensils whether it be books, pencils, any assistance will be highly appreciated. My phone number is 606-7953 and my gentleman he is 663-0601. I do banking with Holy Redeemer Credit Union the account number would be 82577. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I do know that there are still good people out there so I implore to the general public for any assistance.”

Police are yet to bring any charges against the man responsible for the fire.

Related post

Wildfires in Toledo District Prompt State of Public Emergency; NEMO Intensifies Efforts

Wildfires in Toledo District Prompt State of Public Emergency;…

Tonight, residents of the Toledo District remain under threat from the destructive wildfires ravaging the San Pedro Columbia Forest Reserve and…
Outrage As Video Surfaces of Stepfather Abusing Child

Outrage As Video Surfaces of Stepfather Abusing Child

A video was uploaded to social media today that exposed a stepfather abusing a child on two separate occasions. The assault…
Kidnapping Charges for Repeat Offender Kareem Emory Hamilton, Denied Bail

Kidnapping Charges for Repeat Offender Kareem Emory Hamilton, Denied…

Kareem Emory Hamilton has been identified as the man who lured a 5-year-old out of her front yard and tried taking…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *