Family of Four Displaced After Fire Completely Destroys Home
A family of four from San Roman Village, Stann Creek needs assistance to rebuild their home that was lost in a fire over the weekend. Sometime around midnight on Monday, the Canti family woke up to their thatched house being engulfed in flames. Ambrocio Canti and his family immediately evacuated the structure and made it out to safety; however, they lost everything. According to the village chairman, Augustine Choc, the owners of the house were woken up by the sound of their dog barking, and that’s when they realized the fire was coming from outside the bedroom.
Canti has two young children ages seven years and eleven months. They are currently staying with a family member. Anyone willing to render assistance can contact the village Chairman, Augustine Choc, at 665-4667.