7145 Slaughterhouse Road
Belize City, Belize Central America
(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528
Call Us for More Info or Questions
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Our Main Office Opening Hours



LORD'S BANK FIRE 1.00_00_18_13.Still001

Fire Destroys house inn Lord’s Bank

Lord’s Bank village was covered by a blanket of smoke that came from a house fire just after six o’clock this morning. 

Lord’s Bank village was covered by a blanket of smoke that came from a house fire just after six o’clock this morning.  We spoke with Terry Gordon, former chairman of Lord’s Bank, who told us that he was called when the incident occurred.

Terry Gordon, Former Chairman of Lord’s Bank Village

Terry Gordon, Former Chairman of Lord’s Bank Village: “This morning I was called out shortly after 6am by a friend of mine that was on the scene and when I went there I noticed that the house was already engulfed in flames and it was down to a crisp, it was not much left even all the way down to the foundation basically. I spoke with some of the officials here including a police sergeant and he told me that there were one or two belongings in there. I also spoke to one of the firemen and we noticed a stove, we don’t know if much other contents were in the home because it’s a home that was recently reoccupied by the resident Ms.Arlene Gordon. Fortunately because of the fact that most of the areas here we have people with large plots of land the firemen were able to contain it to just that home. Nobody was at home fortunately.”

Police also gave us more details about the incident and what was damaged.

Sr.Supt.Hilberto Romero, Deputy Head, NCIB

Sr.Superintendent Hilberto Romero, Deputy Head, National Crimes Investigation Branch: Police visited an area there where they saw a wooden structure, 30X40 feet engulfed in flames. Fire personnel responded and the building was completely burnt. Investigations revealed that the owner of the house is Arelene Gordon of Lord’s Bank Village. Everything was destroyed, we do not have an estimate as to the cost of the building or the contents at this time.”

No one was inside the house when the fire started.