Resident: “All of us left the place about 4, after 4 and we din;t have any electricity today. No electricity. No current. BEL cut the electricity today about 2:00. All these people here got their money to reconnect the electricity. I didn’t know they were coming to reconnect the electricity and then after they reconnected the electricity then we saw the explosion or light. I don’t know what really happened inside. It started to burn the place.”
Reporter: So there was no electricity there?
Resident: “They came to put the electricity back, to reconnect it back okay? That’s all I know then after they reconnect the electricity that’s when the fire started.”
Reporter: So what time did it start?
Reporter: Anybody was there?
Resident: “Nobody was there.”
Reporter: The restaurant was not opened?
Resident: “No. It was closed.”
King Burger has been in existence for close to four decades. It was located at the center of St Vincent Street in Dangriga.