House fire destroys home in Teakettle Village, Cayo District
Fire officials are still gathering intel into a house that caught fire this weekend. It was in the wee hours of Sunday morning that a house near the S Curve area in Teakettle Village, Cayo District, caught fire. The bungalow, made of both concrete and wood, was seen on fire at around four o’clock in the morning by villagers nearby. Fire trucks were alerted, but despite their response and efforts, the home and all its contents were destroyed. Cayo Correspondent Fem Cruz spoke to Pablo Mendez, who lives next door, about the incident.
“This morning I was sleeping when I heard a noise like a bang around four o’clock in the morning I would say. When I jumped off of my bed I saw this place just red I thought it was my whole house went down with my kitchen but no I didn’t see anybody so I ran. I called the police and they told me they’re coming because somebody reported the incident already and that’s when I came out of my house when the police were here. Like I am telling you I didn’t see anybody or nothing. This was just to me like a “boom” that’s all I heard.”
The owner of the home, Rufino Dapson, was not at home at the time of the fire.