[simple-weather latitude="17.4952" longitude="-88.2018" days="2" units="metric"]
Learn More...
Find Out How
Previous
Next

7145 Slaughterhouse Road

Belize City, Belize Central America

(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528

Give Us a Call for More Info or Questions

Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Our Main Office Opening Hours

Click on Play to start Streaming Love FM | News & Music Power Live

Live Update COVID-19

📣 ***PATIENT 4 PASSES*** – Love News has confirmed with a family member that Patient 4 lost his fight against COVID-19. Reports indicate he passed away earlier today after underlying complications.                      📣 Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. – Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize.                      📣 Today, April 5, 2020 at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing protocol of the Ministry of Health identified a fifth case of COVID-19. The patient is a Belizean student who returned from Florida.                      📣 The patient arrived in Belize on Friday, April 3rd, and is in self-isolation at a quarantine facility. He is without symptoms and stable.                      📣 A total of 102 samples were processed on April 4th and into the early hours of today. The samples processed included close contacts from both Belize City and San Ignacio and that of health care workers in the Cayo District who had been in contact with patient #4.                      📣 The remaining 101 samples were all negative for COVID-19, and therefore, the Ministry is still unable to determine who the infected contact was for patient #4.
covid-19-left
  • Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize
    Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize

    Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize. Now more than ever it is important for people to stay home, practice social distancing. Be safe. Below is the Press Release by the Goverment of Belize Press Office in Full:   Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. Today, at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing […]

    Read More »
covid-19-right
Find Out How
Health & Science

HPV virus vaccine program proceeding despite some opposition

In November of last year, the Ministry of Health announced plans to vaccinate four thousand young girls from standard four with the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine. The Ministry said immunization is one of the most successful public health interventions in the prevention of various communicable diseases and since HPV is linked to cervical cancer, the Ministry believe that vaccinating girls between the ages of 9 and 13 is the best option. When the plan was rolled out three months ago, some parents had concerns over the process and the necessity. Director of Health Services, Dr. Marvin Manzanero told Love News that those concerns hindered the success of the program in its initial stage.

Dr. Marvin Manzanero – Director of Health Services

“I believe the districts up north did more ground work so they have a higher coverage rate, although I don’t have the exact numbers than did for example the southern districts. That is still ongoing, I think we had a fairly good uptake. I mean we had some hiccups along the way but I think we continue to have them but they are primarily, I would say, because of misinformation and I think we were being challenged initially through social media and some media outlets in terms of the efficacy of the vaccine and I know we had some conspiracy theories as well trying to derail what is backed up scientifically. I mean we could have done better had we not have that major hiccup but I think it’s working along and we aim to continue to ensure that it works.”

According to Director of Health Services, Dr. Marvin Manzanero, the HPV vaccines have been recommended for the prevention of cervical cancer by the World Health Organization.

To Top