Listen Live On Our Live Stream or Tune To Our Frequencies: 88.3 FM | 88.9 FM | 94.7 FM | 95.1 FM | 98.1 FM | 98.5 FM

She instructed Neighbor to Stab her so she could report her injured Ex

They say let sleeping dogs lie, but a man, half a century old, found that lesson out a little too late, when he attempted to remove his gas tank from his ex-lover’s home. On February 28 fifty-two year old Richard Ellis went to Tanesha Payne’s  house on Flamboyant Street. Ellis began to loosen the connections to his gas tank, but the 37 year old former common-law wife preferred to inflict pain instead of allowing him to leave with the gas tank. Two individuals attacked and beat Ellis. Ellis reportedly cried for help when Payne allegedly instructed her accomplices to cover his mouth with a piece of cloth she supplied to them. She further then instructed them, allegedly, to stab and kill him after she locked the door. Ellis told the police that he was hit on the head and then they stabbed him in the face and neck. He managed to escape and went to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital for medical treatment where his injuries were classified as grievous harm. Payne was charged with grievous harm and use of deadly means of harm when she appeared today before Magistrate Khadeem Palmer. No plea was taken from her because the offences are indictable. She was released on a bail of $5,000 and her case was adjourned until May 10. The police also noted that the crime scene was tampered with since there was evidence that someone attempted to clean the blood stains. However the cops did find blood on a toaster. The police also found Payne with a wound on her chest and they said that’s because Payne allegedly told a neighbor to stab her so she could make a false report against Ellis.

Another perpetrator, Percival Ferguson appeared before magistrate Khadeem Palmer with wounds today. 53 year old Francis Williams reported to the police that at 5:30 p.m. on the second of March, he was at at Percival Ferguson’s home on Unity Street in Belize City when he went to the aid of an elderly woman, Everith Sedacy.  Sedacy was being abused and threatened by her son, Jerome Sedacy. Williams, a retired police officer, said when Jerome saw him, Jerome picked up two bottles and made a motion as if he was about to throw them at him. He said Sedacy then retreated inside his mother’s house and came back out and made chopping motions at him with an axe.  Wililams was cut on his mid-section. Williams said he defended himself with a piece of wood which he used to strike Jerome on the left side of his head and on his left arm. As a result, Sedacy was subdued and that prevented from making further attacks with the axe.  Today, 40 year old Jerome Sedacy  went to court with his head and left arm heavily bandaged. He was arraigned on charges of wounding and aggravated assault. He pleaded not guilty to the charges. Sedacy was released on a bail of $1,000 and his case was adjourned until May 13.