Ministry of Defence Rejects Ration Cut Claims: Dietary Changes Aimed at Promoting Healthy Eating

Ministry of Defence Rejects Ration Cut Claims: Dietary Changes Aimed at Promoting Healthy Eating

The Ministry of Defence and Border Security is rejecting what it says was a false narrative published by a local media house. Last week, a media outlet reported on concerns it received from soldiers, who said their ration had been severely cut and was lacking meat. However, Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence and Border Security, Oscar Mira, says the article was not accurate. Today, he chalked up the complaints as political mischief and explained that dietary changes have been made to promote healthy eating in the force.

Mira says that the soldiers had become accustomed to eating unhealthy meats and noted that change is hard but needed to protect the welfare of soldiers. 

The BDF also issued a release rejecting the claims.

Related post

San Pedro Columbia Village Rejects Mayan Land Rights Policy

San Pedro Columbia Village Rejects Mayan Land Rights Policy

In recent weeks, we’ve seen numerous Mayan communities from southern Belize clamor for communal land rights, but over the weekend, one…
75 Amnesty Registration Cards Distributed in Orange Walk

75 Amnesty Registration Cards Distributed in Orange Walk

After months of vetting, the Ministry of Immigration distributed seventy-five amnesty registration cards in Orange Walk Town on Saturday to persons…
PSU Calls for Government Correction of Unlawful Member Transfers

PSU Calls for Government Correction of Unlawful Member Transfers

The Public Service Union is rallying against what it says is the unlawful transfer of some of its members. According to…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *