7145 Slaughterhouse Road
Belize City, Belize Central America
(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528
Call Us for More Info or Questions
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Our Main Office Opening Hours


Click on Play to start Streaming Love FM | News & Music Power Live
News & Music Power
LOVE FM
News & Music PowerLOVE FM

Post mortem exam conducted on man suspected of ingesting poison

The postmortem examination conducted on 59-year-old Agustin Ramirez Rivas has revealed that he died of acute respiratory failure as a result of fluid filling up the lung. This result still does not answer the question as to whether Rivas was poisoned which is the suspicion of residents in St Margaret’s Village, Cayo District.

The postmortem examination conducted on 59-year-old Agustin Ramirez Rivas has revealed that he died of acute respiratory failure as a result of fluid filling up the lung. This result still does not answer the question as to whether Rivas was poisoned which is the suspicion of residents in St Margaret’s Village, Cayo District.  According to Police a toxicology analysis will be conducted.  As we reported, Rivas was rushed to the Western Regional Hospital after he began foaming at the mouth whilst drinking at a Chinese store with two other men. He fell unconscious, and died whilst receiving treatment. Initial reports had suggested that he may have been poisoned, but Assistant Commissioner of Police, Joseph Myvette, later stated that the three men had been drinking for several days prior to Rivas’ death.