Teen Suspected in San Pedro Shooting Investigation

Teen Suspected in San Pedro Shooting Investigation

An 18-year-old is suspected to be the trigger man in a shooting last night in San Pedro Town.  The island police were called out to the San Marcos area around 9:31 p.m., in front of Sophie’s Grocery Shop on Sailfish Drive.  Police encountered the victim at the San Pedro Polyclinic, and found 32-year-old Winston Cayetano, a Belizean bartender of Marina Drive, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to the left shoulder. Cayetano told police that shortly after 9pm, he had visited the grocery shop when he encountered a man identified as Darel Parham. ASP Stacy Smith spoke on what their investigation has ascertained up to this afternoon.  

ASP Stacy Smith, Belize Police Department: “What we know so far is that on Thursday, 7th May just before 9 o’clock p.m., Cayetano went into a grocery store on the island and an argument ensued between him and the male person. Cayetano departed and returned shortly thereafter and that was when the male person produced a firearm and fired a shot which injured him in the shoulder. As I stated, we have already identified the person of interest and he is being sought.”

One expended nine-millimeter shell casing along with a live round was found at the scene.  Police also noted the presence of surveillance cameras in the vicinity, which are expected to assist in the investigation.  Police have since identified Darel Parham as a person of interest and are seeking him in connection with the incident./

Related post

Government signs agreement to protect 17 thousand acres at Turneffe Atoll

Government signs agreement to protect 17 thousand acres at…

The Government of Belize has signed a major conservation agreement aimed at permanently protecting approximately seventeen thousand acres of nationally significant…
PM Briceño Says Cabinet Collectively Rejected BTL-Smart Deal

PM Briceño Says Cabinet Collectively Rejected BTL-Smart Deal

Prime Minister John Briceño says Cabinet’s rejection of BTL’s proposed acquisition of Speednet Communications was a collective decision and not one…
Prime Minister questions the call for Mark Lizarraga’s resignation 

Prime Minister questions the call for Mark Lizarraga’s resignation 

While the joint unions are calling for the immediate removal of BTL Chairman Mark Lizarraga, Prime Minister John Briceño is questioning…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *