[simple-weather latitude="17.4952" longitude="-88.2018" days="2" units="metric"]
Learn More...
Find Out How
Previous
Next

7145 Slaughterhouse Road

Belize City, Belize Central America

(+501) 203-2098 or 203-0528

Give Us a Call for More Info or Questions

Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Our Main Office Opening Hours

Click on Play to start Streaming Love FM | News & Music Power Live

Live Update COVID-19

📣 ***PATIENT 4 PASSES*** – Love News has confirmed with a family member that Patient 4 lost his fight against COVID-19. Reports indicate he passed away earlier today after underlying complications.                      📣 Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. – Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize.                      📣 Today, April 5, 2020 at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing protocol of the Ministry of Health identified a fifth case of COVID-19. The patient is a Belizean student who returned from Florida.                      📣 The patient arrived in Belize on Friday, April 3rd, and is in self-isolation at a quarantine facility. He is without symptoms and stable.                      📣 A total of 102 samples were processed on April 4th and into the early hours of today. The samples processed included close contacts from both Belize City and San Ignacio and that of health care workers in the Cayo District who had been in contact with patient #4.                      📣 The remaining 101 samples were all negative for COVID-19, and therefore, the Ministry is still unable to determine who the infected contact was for patient #4.
covid-19-left
  • Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize
    Ministry of Health Confirms Fifth Case of COVID-19 in Belize

    Ministry of Health confirms Fifth case of COVID-19 in Belize. Now more than ever it is important for people to stay home, practice social distancing. Be safe. Below is the Press Release by the Goverment of Belize Press Office in Full:   Belmopan. April 5, 2020. 8:15 a.m. Today, at 03:19 a.m., the expanded testing […]

    Read More »
covid-19-right
Find Out How
Love FM News

Why Castro Lost His US Diplomatic and Tourist Visas ….

On May 30, 2017, Minister Edmond Castro issued a release notifying the media of the cancellation of both his diplomatic and tourist visas.  In an interview a few days later, Minister Castro told the media that he has no interest in visiting the United States and is not bothered by the cancellation.  He says that an invitation has been extended to him to go into the embassy to re-acquire his visas but he has no intention of doing so.  His explanation has been deemed somewhat strange and has left the media trying to figure out what really led to this entire situation.  Castro says he is clueless as to why the cancellation happened and so, we sought to get answers from the Charge d Affaires at the US Embassy, Adrienne Galanek.

ADRIENNE GALANEK

The Department of State has broad authority under the Immigration and Nationalities Act to at any time revoke a visa if the Department of State deems someone inadmissible to the United States or otherwise ineligible for a visa.”

RENEE TRUJILLO

But what would be the circumstances that would probably lead to that decision?”

ADRIENNE GALANEK

That is a determination that is made by the Department of State under the authority vested in the immigration and nationalities act and I would have to refer you to section 221 of the immigration and nationalities act.”

LOCAL REPORTER

Is that a plausible scenario where it expires in sixty days but because I don’t express an interest of coming into the embassy the embassy just decides to revoke it two months before it expires?”

ADRIENNE GALANEK

I don’t want to get into different scenarios basically it’s under the authorities vested in the Immigration and Nationalities Act, Section 221.”

RENEE TRUJILLO

Is it the norm for the US embassy to contact you a month or two before the visa expires to tell you to come in if you have interest in renewing.”

ADRIENNE GALANEK

Every individual applicants situation is different so I can’t say what’s norm and what isn’t.”

Interestingly, Castro’s CEO in the Ministry of Transport, Ruth Meighan was denied entry into the US in July 2016.

To Top