Santa Cruz Village Chairman Accused of Assault with Firearm; Victim Claims Police Are Preventing Charges
- CrimeCrime & Police NewsLove NewsNews Flash & Headlines
- November 6, 2024
- No Comment
- 3496
The woman who says she was assaulted with a firearm by the Chairman of Santa Cruz Village, Vincent Scott, claims she may have been duped by police into not having charges levied against him. The 49-year-old village leader is yet to face any charge after allegedly pulling a shotgun and attempting to shoot 36-year-old Dalia Cabral. The two have been separated for the past two years but he would occasionally go to the house to visit his children. On Monday morning, however, Scott found a man in the house and became upset. He went to his vehicle pulled out a pellet gun and pursued the man out of the house. Later that night, he reportedly returned to Cabral’s house with his licensed firearm and aimed it at her. Cabral was able to escape and sought help at the Independence Police Station. Since then, however, she claims the police have been giving her the runaround to prevent Scott from facing criminal charges. She alleges that the police who took her report on Tuesday have not been helpful and says she’s living in fear for her life.
Cabral alleges that she may have been duped by the police into not filing charges against Scott. She claims that she was asked to sign several documents without being informed of their purpose.
Multiple sources to our newsroom indicate that directives from a much higher office have instructed the Police to stand down and not levy charges against Scott. We have reached out to the police for comment but our efforts have been to no avail.