Toddler dies after pill he was prescribed becomes lodged in his airway

Toddler dies after pill he was prescribed becomes lodged in his airway

A toddler was pronounced dead at the Western Regional Hospital just after ten o’clock this morning.  18-month-old, Shawn Armstrong the Third was admitted shortly after ten o’clock this morning after he was having trouble breathing.  Love News visited the family home earlier today, but we were unable to get an official comment.  We did learn, however, that just after nine o’clock this morning the child was given half of a worm pill, as was prescribed by a doctor.  Moments later, Baby Shawn experienced breathing issues, and was taken to the hospital.  We further understand that by the time the toddler arrived at the hospital, he was unresponsive.  Medical officials had observed the pill lodged in the baby’s airway.  CPR was attempted, but it proved futile.  At the time of the incident, the child was at home in Camalote Village, with his mother, 18-year-old, Sarina Welcome.  The matter is under investigation.

Related post

GOB breaks ground for the San Pedro Hospital

GOB breaks ground for the San Pedro Hospital

Today was historic for the islanders of Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker as they bore witness to the groundbreaking for the…
Cabinet Approvals: LGBTQ Inclusion in Social Security, $250M Grants, Criminal Justice Reform, and Digital Government Initiatives

Cabinet Approvals: LGBTQ Inclusion in Social Security, $250M Grants,…

Cabinet had a fully loaded agenda this week as several unprecedented approvals came out of Tuesday and Wednesday’s meetings.  Perhaps one…
Triple Murder Case: Jared Ranguy Faces Decision as Court Delivers Life Sentence Indication

Triple Murder Case: Jared Ranguy Faces Decision as Court…

Jared Ranguy remains behind bars tonight, and now has to contemplate whether he will enter a guilty plea for a triple…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *